Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pork Tenderloin and Rice with Pigeon Peas

Ok so this was the first time that I had made Pork Tenderloin. I know I know. I don't get out much. Even though I love to cook and bake I have lived a shelter life when it comes to tasting new things. I am very picky and if it is not pleasing to my eye. I will not taste it. But my husband convinced me it was no different than any other pork I have made. Which is what makes me hesitant to try new things. When they have 20 different names for pork,beef,chicken. lol I know crazy but this is the sickness that haunts me. So since I have not cooked Pork Tenderloin before. I can only cook it how I see fit. I have to say. It was delicious and I am not just saying that. But it has moved up to one of our favorites. So I present to you my version of Pork tenderloin with pigeon pea rice (Arroz Con Gandules).




First I took my Pork and made slits into the meat. (I always do this for extra flavor).

Then I seasoned with:
1-2 Tablespoon of Adobo
1-2 Tablespoon of Garlic Pepper
1-2 Tablespoon of Mrs Dash Original Blend
1-2 Tablespoon of Pork Rub
1-2 Tablespoon of Meat Tenderizer
One package of Sazon Con Achiote
1-3 Tablespoon of Mojo
1-2 Tablespoon of Sofrito
1/2 cup of water


So this is what my Pork Tenderloin turned out to look like. Of course after I cut it up. I like to cut up my meats when I know they are almost done. So they can pull up the juices they were cooking in.


Now for the rice with Pigeon Peas.



You will need:
1 can of pigeon peas
3 cups of long grain rice
1 can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of Sofrito
3 1/2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of oil
1 package of Sazon with Achiote
1-2 tablespoons of Adobo

Place the Everything into pot except for the rice and water.


After the sauce is mixed with well add the rice.


Now add your water. Let the rice come to a boil on high without a lid. When the water has come to a boil. Cover the rice and lower the flame to a low medium and cook for about 20-25 minutes.


When your rice is finished you will see all the beans have risen to the top. You will mix and it will look like this.

There you have it. You now have Mommas Pork Tenderloin and Pigeon Pea Rice.
Once again from our kitchen to yours. Thank you for joining us for another session of Meals with Momma and Jr. Chef.

1 comment:

  1. Just curious what size can of tomato sauce did you use for the arroz con gandules? Did you cook the pork tenderloin stove top or in the oven and if so what degree and for how long? Thank you it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to hear what everyone has to say. I always respond back whether here or email. Sometimes both.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Anniversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
web counter
Web counte from website-hit-counters.com .
[Valid RSS]