Monday, July 6, 2009

Blue is the color of the day

Well I was asked to make a simple cake and some cupcakes to match. They really didn't want anything too exciting. But I had bought these chocolate molds that I was dying to use. So I decided to place them onto the cupcakes. They didn't come out as well as I expected. As I used a tip too big. I thought using a #3 tip it would give me just the right flow of chocolate. But actually it poured out the chocolate way too fast for me to keep up. But I do have to say I love working with chocolate molds and they can add just a little pizazz to anything you are making.

So do you like chocolate/candy molds? If, so how do you use them in your baking adventures? I would love to know.

Also look at my icing. My swirls always look the same. I want those smooth swirls. You know which ones I am talking about. They make the icing look like ice cream on top of your cupcakes. I think I make it too thick and then when I thin it out. It still doesn't work because it falls. I tell you. I took classes and had the same darn problems then too. I guess that is what happens when you do not practice the way you are supposed to.

How do you get the perfect swirls?



6 comments:

  1. I think your swirls are great, but maybe you could try using a 1M tip? That gives you more of a soft serve swirl..at least in my opinion, if that's what you are going for.
    The chocolate is cute...you know I have NEVER used molds? Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate molds! I've used them a few times. I tried to e-mail you where it says "E-mail author" under the post but you said you didn't get it? There's no option to e-mail you on your profile? Is there an e-mail address I can send it to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swirls look fine to me but that is from a
    swirl misfit". I love the look of both the cake and the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CakeDreamer a msg I sent you msg with the email info.

    Chaya welcome and thank you. I also received your FB request and will go over now and accept.

    CC,

    You know I have tried the 1M and I tell ya. I end up with the same darn effect. I sometimes think I am destined to continue with the same swirl. But you know I am not going to let it get the best of me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those are gorgeous!!! Thanks for putting the Flavor-of-the-Month button on your sidebar! :) That made my night...I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bridget thanks for stopping by. I love your blog and cant wait to get started. Of course I would put the button. I feel we should all support one another especially if it is something we believe in.

    Hope you visit again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to hear what everyone has to say. I always respond back whether here or email. Sometimes both.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Anniversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
web counter
Web counte from website-hit-counters.com .
[Valid RSS]